The main objectives of Haryana Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Limited (HVPN) are:
Planning, design, construction, erection and maintenance of transmission lines, sub-stations of voltage level 66KV & above and communication facilities and appurtenant works.
- To maintain an integrated and efficient power transmission system network.
- Wheeling of power in accordance with the policies, guidelines laid down by the State Government and Haryana Electricity Regularity Commission (HERC) from time to time.
- To achieve these objectives it, inter alia, performs the following functions of :-
- Monitoring and maintaining Grid discipline and resolve Grid issues.
- Resourcing funds for Plan implementation
- Augmenting and strengthening Power Transmission capability consistent with requirements.
- Acting as State Transmission Utility.
- Ensuring adequate, safe and economical transmission of electricity with regard to quality, availability and reliability of services.